Hood River County Fair started in 1921 in downtown Hood River. The fair moved to the Wy'east school grounds in 1957. The 4-H and FFA livestock were shown on the football field and penned beneath the grandstands. The other exhibits were held in adjoining classrooms of Wy'east school. The Community Building was built in 1982 followed by the other buildings. The fair moved to what is now known as the Hood River County Fairgrounds that same year.